Fall 2016 Strong Heart Food Drive Page – please donate and help! Photos of donations are also available on this page. Hoka Hey!
Updated October 2, 2016 – Cante Tenza Okolakiciye or Strong Heart Warrior Society of the Independent Lakota Nation has called for a fall Food-Drive to benefit grassroots elders and their families on Pine Ridge Reservation. Winter is coming and the time to collect and distribute food and other resources is now – before the snow and below-zero temperatures arrive. We need:
- Fresh, freezable meats including beef, venison, elk, and buffalo.
- Fresh Produce including corn, squash, potatoes, sweet-potatoes, turnips, and other long lasting root vegetables that can be stored.
- Low salt canned vegetables including beans, peas, corn, and similar items.
- No added sugar canned fruits like apples, pears, and citrus.
- Staple cooking items like flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, vegetable oil, etc.
- If you have the choice, please do not send highly processed packaged foods with high carbohydrates or that contain lots of salt, sugar, or corn syrup.
- We also need blankets, heaters, and winter coats (especially for children) for the coming winter.
Donations can be sent to
Strong Heart Warrior Society
Po Box 512
Hill City, SD 57745
For questions, please contact headman Canupa Gluha Mani at 605-517-1547. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pilamaya! Thank you!