JUSTICE FOR STOLEN LIVES!
Rapid City & Pennington Co.
The grassroots Lakota Oyate are called to provide testimony on the abuse, violence, murder, and discrimination you and your families face at the hands of law enforcement and court system of Rapid City, Pennington County, other reservation border towns, as well as BIA law enforcement. Security provided by the Cante Tenza Okolakiciye Strong Heart Warrior Society of the Independent Lakota Nation.
Meeting Date: October 10, 2017
Time: 1:00 – 7:00pm
Location: To Be Announced. We are trying to secure the Mother Butler Center and a backup location. Please listen and look for updates.
Please make every effort to attend with testimony concerning you or your loved ones:
- Family members killed, abused, and battered by law enforcement.
- Racial profiling on street and traffic stops, and other incidents with law enforcement and court officials.
- Mistreatment and racist encounters with prison guards and officials.
- Unfair, cruel, or unusual sentencing in court cases compared to white people with similar charges.
- Denied parole compared to white people with similar records.
- Stories of racism in juvenile detention and juve-to-prison transfers of minors.
- Other testimony about the murder, missing, and mistreatment of Indigenous people at the hand of law enforcement, the courts, and local/county prisons.
U.S. Federal Monitors will be present to record your testimony in preparation for investigation into systemic, wide-scale racial discrimination against Lakota and other Indigenous people.
Bring pictures, video, documents, and other evidence you would like to present.
Meeting organized and security provided by the Cante Tenza Okolakiciye Strong Heart Warrior Society of the Independent Lakota Nation. For more information contact Canupa Gluha Mani at 605-517-1547.